Bill Biddle, from the Rotary Club of Asheville-Breakfast, has been asked by PDG Frank Dean to accept the responsibility of leading a team to the Philippines to distribute 560 wheelchairs. He is both happy and privileged to do so, but will need four individuals who would like to serve on the team from District 7670, to help distribute these wheelchairs in the Philippines.
The team will leave on Friday, August 23rd, flying Delta airlines from Greenville, SC, around noon and arrive in Manila, Philippines the night of Saturday, August 24th, at 9:25 p.m. (Manila Time). The time allotted for
distribution in both districts will be 12 days plus two travel days. Team members should plan on being gone two weeks. Return travel will be Sunday, September 8th, leaving Manila at 6:25 a.m.
Team members will need the following:
- A valid passport, and the passport must be valid for at least 6 months after leaving the Philippines.
- It is a good idea to go to the County Health Department to get any shots that the Health Department would recommend for going into that country.
- Participate in at least one team meeting, to be briefed about the culture in the Philippines, lodging arrangements, customs, travel in-country, etc.
- The Philippines is hot, humid and rainy this time of year. Team members should bring a rain coat with hood.
- Thus far, there is a possibility of incurring lodging expense in Quezon City for 4 nights but Bill is working on that
and hope to have a commitment that will cover this expense.
- The team will be briefed about what wheelchair assembly is necessary and how to assist in the distribution.
- Please contact Bill at (828) 216-0281, if you are interested in participating.
Yours in Rotary Service,